Makes 12 Muffins
3 Cups almond flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
3 Large eggs
2 cups (4 to 5 ) mashed very ripe bananas
1 cup frozen blueberries (walnuts can be used instead of berries)
Preheat oven to 350o
Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners
In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt and baking soda. In a medium bowl, mix together the grapeseed oil and eggs. Stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir the bananas into the batter, then fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the muffin tops are golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan before serving.
FOR THE COOKIES:
1.5 cups white rice flour
1.5 cups sweet rice flour (mochi)
1.5 cups oat flour
5 teaspoons baking powder
3 sticks butter (1.5 cups), room temperature
1.5 cups white sugar
3 large eggs
1 tbs vanilla extract (or almond)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1.5 cups white rice flour, 1.5 cups sweet rice flour (mochi), 1.5 cups oat flour, 5 teaspoons baking powder, and a pinch salt.
2. In a stand mixer, beat 3 sticks butter with 1.5 cups sugar on high, until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, waiting for each egg to be fully incorporated before adding in the next. Beat an extra minute or two after last egg, and add vanilla.
3. With the mixer on low, fold in flour mixture, and mix until fully incorporated (with gluten-free baking you don’t really have to worry about over mixing). Remove from mixing bowl, and form into a large disc. Wrap with plastic wrap, and refridgerate until firm, about 2 hours (dough can be frozen or stored in this state).
4. When you ready to make the cookies, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat. Roll out the dough onto a floured surface (I use sweet rice flour, since it’s the finest) to a little less than 1/2 inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut to desired shapes, and place in cookie sheet. Cookies will spread very little, so they can be close – about 1″ apart.
5. Bake cookies until just puffed and set, but before they have begun to brown around the edges. This will ensure a soft, soft cookie! Let cool, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Cool completely before icing.
Awesome Rice, Grain and Soup cooker with healthy clay pot insert!
Playgroup love playing with these wooden eggs!
2 cups warm water
1 ½ tablespoon Red Star Active Dry yeast
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (I use 1 tablespoon of each)
3 ½ cups Whole wheat flour
1 ½ cups All purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon salt
¼ cup oil (I used olive oil)
(Makes about 12 to 14 individual rolls or buns)
Add honey or maple syrup to warm water
Add yeast and let sit for a few minutes
The honey will activate the yeast and it will start to bubble
Add flour, oats and oil and mix together
Add salt and continue to stir and mix
If dough is too wet, add a little more flour, until dough comes together and you can need into a ball without sticking (Either all purpose flour or whole wheat flour can be added)
Spread a thin layer of oil in a clean bowl and place the dough inside to rise
Cover with plastic wrap, and put a warm, wet kitchen towel on top of it. Set aside for a few hours to rise. I usually make my dough the night before, and let it rise over night. In the morning, I roll the dough out into buns.
The dough should rise approximate double it’s original size
Heat the oven at 350
Grease baking sheet (I use an olive oil spray)
Roll dough into buns or any shape you wish
Let the rolls rise for another 30 minutes and then put into oven to bake for about 15 -20 minutes. Depending on shape and size, and preference on how you like your bread. Once you can smell the bread, and the bottoms brown slightly, they will be ready.
I have also used this recipe to make pizza. Just roll out into flat shapes, spread tomato or pizza sauce of your choice, and then sprinkle cheese and toppings of your choice and bake in oven at 350